Miriam Gonzalez Durantez on her new cookery book to raise money for her Inspiring Girls campaign.

Miriam González Durántez by Cabinet OfficeTheresa May apparently has over 100 cookbooks. That’s probably the one thing she and I have in common. I actually have a stack of them by my bedside table so I can dip in and out of them when I want. I tend to read them for pleasure as much as cook from them. I particularly like books which have a story around them to go along with the food.

That’s why Those Who Need to Know are under no illusions as to how disappointed I’d be if I didn’t get Miriam Gonzalez Durantez’s new book, Made in Spain, for my upcoming birthday. It’s conveniently being published just three days before.

On Thursday, Miriam appeared on ITV’s Lorraine show (from about 15 minutes in). She brought along some delicious looking food and talked a bit about some of the recipes. She also talked about her feelings on Brexit. You can also be under no illusion that she’s not very impressed with the new Foreign Secretary. I haven’t watched Lorraine in a long time and had forgotten how much I enjoyed her lovely and informal manner. Also, if you are as trashy as I am, Bucks Fizz are on the show too. If, like me, you are a die-hard Eurovision geek, it’s a must-see.

If you like the look of her recipes, you can pre-order the book here.  She’s also going to be at Waterstone’s Piccadilly on 28 July.  That’s one of these occasions when I wish I didn’t live 400 miles from London.

Miriam has written the book, based on her food blog, to raise money for her Inspiring Girls campaign which is about to go international. She set up Inspiring Women 3 years ago to get professional women going into schools to talk to girls about their careers.  Since then 20,000 women have volunteered for the project.

Read more by or more about , , or .

• Tony Dawson 16th Jul '16 - 1:45pm

“Theresa May apparently has over 100 cookbooks.”

Including ” The six years I cook books” by George Osborne? I wonder whether Phillip Hammond will match up. 🙂

Hats off to Miriam.

• >(Miriam) also talked about her feelings on Brexit
    >Bucks Fizz are on the show too.

Weren’t 3/4 of Bucks Fizz set to play in the (cancelled) Brexit concert? 😉

• Oh, Cassie, you are right. That one had passed me by. I’m disappointed now:-(

• Mark Goodrich 18th Jul '16 - 3:08am

Caron

Do you realise that I read that cookery book thing about Theresa May and thought “that’s the one thing that she and I probably have in common” as well! They are really heavy to take round the world though….How about a collaborative post on our Top 10 cookbooks so people can spare themselves the dross?!?