Jamie Stone, the ferret and the pantomime dame

That’s a headline I never thought I’d write.

Online TV channel Core TV has been interviewing new MPs. It’s not a traditional political interview and is meant to be a light-hearted introduction to our new law makers.

Our Jamie Stone’s effort will make your mind boggle. It’s hilarious and has to be seen to be believed. Enjoy.

Read more by or more about or .

• Yeovil Yokel 18th Aug '17 - 12:19pm

I’m impressed, he’d make a fine actor, and he seems like a really, really nice guy.

• He is indeed a lovely guy. What you see here is what you get. He was a councillor for years before being the MSP from 1999-2011, then became councillor again. His last answer doesn’t surprise me at all – he won’t be interested in making a big splash at Westminster, much more keen on working the constituency.

• Richard Underhill 18th Aug '17 - 2:23pm

There is more of Scotland north of Caithness, where Jo Grimond was an MP.

• Jamie seems part of fine tradition in the parliamentary party.My predecessor,Lord Fearn memorably and brilliantly played the Dame in panto for decades. Nick Clegg has form here too though not as a dame.

• Gordon Lishman 19th Aug '17 - 11:19am

Jo used to say that his constituency was not really good n Scotland! Jamie is the best candidate who Maggie and I ever approved to be a candidate!

• Sue Sutherland 19th Aug '17 - 12:39pm

Loved it! He seems like a good candidate for Have I Got News For You. I hope someone with contacts suggests it.

• Jane Ann Liston 19th Aug '17 - 2:07pm

Which is why it is very hard to understand the Herald’s report on the piece, headed ‘Scots LibDem MP attacked over remarks about women in politics.’ Did they actually watch the broadcast? Could they have an agenda?

• Richard Underhill 19th Aug '17 - 4:55pm

She’s behind you!

• Jane Ann Liston 19th Aug '17 - 6:31pm

Having now read the full Herald article, I see that the ‘attack’ was a criticism by an SNP MP. I think I have now answered my own question.

• As far as I can tell, the Herald is going through a phase of publishing SNP press releases as if they are actual news, complete with misleading headlines, especially if it means having a go at us.

I’m not sure if this is just part of the silly season, or if the SNP press office are timing it to coincide with Vince being in Scotland deliberately.

• I know it takes a lot to make me laugh but this was a very long way from hilarious. It was light-hearted but I was very disappointed with Jamie’s answer on what divides the party – empowering women and more women in Parliament. This is a surprise to me. I hadn’t noticed the party being divided on wanting more women in Parliament or empowering them. I do recognise there are deficiencies and differences over methods. I think we are most divided on nuclear weapons and Trident renewal.