Best wishes to Tom Arms

At this time on a Friday morning, you’d normally be expecting to see Tom Arms’ latest Observations of an Ex Pat.

Yesterday afternoon, I saw an email come in from him entitled Broken, and assumed it was his piece for this week.

But in fact, it was a message saying that he’s broken his arm and is in hospital.

I’m sure that you would all want to join me in wishing Tom a speedy recovery.

Tom, all the very best to you. Hope you are home and comfortable very soon.

Read more by or more about or .

• Sue Sutherland 19th Apr '19 - 1:24pm

Here’s to a speedy recovery Tom. I enjoy your Observations.

• Joseph Bourke 19th Apr '19 - 2:37pm

Bad luck, Tom.

We look forward to your “Observations of an Ex Pat.” Have you had any experience with online voice dicatation software. I haven’t tried it myself, but being stuck in hospital might be an opportunity to give it a go, if you can operate a laptop with one hand.

Get well, soon.

• Richard Underhill 19th Apr '19 - 3:38pm

Which arm Tom? Are you right handed or left handed? Are you in a lot of pain?
    I was surprised to see Deli Alli playing football for Spurs with a plaster cast on one arm. He is skilful with his feet and his head. The number of yellow cards showed how “vigorous” the game was, but he was not substituted. Fans, managers and investors can be demanding. The aggregate score was 4-4, Spurs qualifying on away goals.
    Harry Kane has a foot injury, again, but heals fast and is expected to be back for the next England match.

• John Marriott 19th Apr '19 - 8:10pm

In hospital? A case of being out of Arms’ way then?