Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 205th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (16th-22nd January, 2011), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. I have resigned by Darren Bridgman on Bracknell Blog.
Congratulations are in order!
2. And so the defections start… by Dan Falchikov on Living on words alone.
“Following overtures from the leadership of a larger and more successful party the BBC reports that three leading activists have switched sides as part of a specially designed campaign to encourage such switching.”
3. Hero of the Day: Bob Russell MP lambasts “callous cretins” who took away constituent’s DLA by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
Caron’s view on PMQs.
4. My Coalition Reshuffle on Nick Thornsby’s blog.
5. My Coalition Reshuffle by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
And Caron’s too.
6. The Tory right turns on Baroness Warsi by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
Jonathan reports back from Baroness Warsi’s speech.
7. What a turnaround! on Mark Thompson’s blog.
Teather vs Thornberry.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. Nick Clegg could make good use of the transfer window by Sara Bedford on Always Sing When You’re Winning.
“Sara tells us there was a footballer on Question Time. And he likes the Lib Dems!” (Submitted by caron via LibDig.)
9. Who reads which newspaper? on Andrew Reeves’ Running Blog.
“A review of the newspapers from Yes Minister days.” (Submitted by andrew.reeves via LibDig.)
10. The Liberal Democrats at the start of 2011 by Andy Strange on Strange Thoughts.
“My round up of the state of play for the Lib Dems as we start the new year.” (Submitted by andyms via LibDig.)
11. MPs against AV were on average worse expenses offenders on Mark Thompson’s blog.
“discuss correlation between corruption and opposition to electoral reform.” (Submitted by Mike1thinks via LibDig.)
12. Socialist International expels Tunisian dictator’s party on Niklas Smith’s blog.
“Just how much can the Socialist International turn a blind eye to? Quite a lot, it seems. All international political umbrella organisations (including liberal ones) should be more careful when admitting members. Otherwise they risk legitimising undemocratic behaviour.” (Submitted by niklassmith.wordpress.com via LibDig.)
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-205-22858.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>