Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 211th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (27 February -5 March, 2011), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. After fifteen years It’s time I was honest with the World: I’m Gay by Mathew Hulbert on A Liberal Helping.
A personal post by Mathew.
2. Lib Dem lessons after a kicking in Barnsley by Olly Grender at the New Statesman.
Olly leads a rendition of “Losing Deposits”. (Welcome to the Golden Dozen, Olly!)
3. I promised myself I wouldn’t do this…. by Richard Morris on A View from Ham Common.
Richard’s 10p-worth on the Barnsley result.
4. Right to recall? Her Majesty’s Opposition should be worried. by Charlotte Henry on Virtually Naked.
DPMQs: who’ll have the last laugh?
5. Don’t be too bothered about the Barnsley result: keep calm and carry on by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
Caron sets her sights on May…
6. Whatever what we spin it, Barnsley was a bad result by Lisa Harding on Welcome to Spiderplant Land.
…So does Spidey.
7. Barnsley: What’s the Lib Dem message ? by David Grace on Disgruntled Radical.
You’ll need it for May, David…
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. Lay off the Clegg bashing now, its getting boring by Lisa Harding on Welcome to Spiderplant Land.
“Spidey has been critical of Clegg in the past, and I’m sure will be from time to time again. (she won’t be the only one) However in this post she reminds everyone that he’s a human being who should be allowed the odd break to spend time with his wife and children” (Submitted by cjmillsnun via LibDig.)
9. Labour’s cynical opportunism on prescription charges by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
“A succinct summary of Labour’s changing attitude to free prescriptions.” (Submitted by oneexwidow via LibDig.)
10. Lembit Opik channels Wolfie Smith by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
“Hmmm……….” (Submitted by markpack via LibDig.)
11. Council by-election results so far by George W. Potter on The Potter Blogger.
We’re making gains from the Conservatives.
12. Coming soon: Leicester South by-election by Paul Walter on Liberal Burblings.
You wait ages for a by-election and then three come along at once…
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-211-23316.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>