Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 218th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (17-23 April, 2011), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
2. Zuffar Haq: The ideal candidate for Leicester South by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
Jonathan’s portrait of Zuffar.
3. Nick Clegg might just have played a blinder in the AV referendum by Charlotte Henry on Virtually Naked.
Charlotte steps back from “from the hyperbole and bile that now surrounds the Deputy Prime Minister.”
4. Adrian Sanders: We have lost a whole generation of supporters by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
The Daily Mail picks up on Adrian Sanders’ Liberator article.
5. AV referendum: why the “antis” are winning on Neil Stockley’s blog.
Neil sifts the figures.
6. Nick Clegg back on top of the polls by Charlotte Henry on Virtually Naked.
What’s hot and what’s not.
7. Which Conservative MP has issued a super injunction? by Dan Falchikov on Living on Words Alone.
Dan hopes John Hemming will reveal the answer after recess.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to email@example.com.
8. Hot Cross Buns / Hot AV Buns by Alex Foster on Niles’s Blog.
Seasonal cookery by Alex (with photos, drool!)
9. Enough renewable, zero-carbon energy to power Europe – forever by George Potter on the Potter Blogger.
“Great positive post: THIS, this should be where we are starting for the “New Green Economy” we hear so much about – the investment opportunity of our lifetimes.” (Submitted by Richard F via LibDig.)
10. Continual Lib Dem bashing by certain people is beginning to get me down by Jennie Rigg.
“…is it, and I suspect this is closer to the truth, that we have betrayed our voters by actually getting somewhere, when a certain segment of our voters would prefer us to just sit on the sidelines and carp, rather than doing something useful?” Jennie (and her commenters) on excellent form.
11. Lord Bonkers’ Diary: Has the ALDC Gone Too Far? by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
“Lord Bonkers provides Anxious of Notts. some kind words on whether ALDC or the local RISOsmith is right.” (Submitted by andrew.reeves via LibDig.)
12. Fighting the Battle for Freedom on Cicero’s Songs.
“Cicero is my favourite Lib Dem blog anyway, but this post particularly shows him at his epic big-picture-seeing best. Must-read!” (Submitted by Jack Stephens via email.)
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-218-23914.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>