Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 226th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (12-18 June, 2011), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. I apologise; this is a cheap dig at the Milibands. But it’s the most brilliant photo, isn’t it…. by Richard Morris on A View from Ham Common.
“Look at those eyes, look at those hands.”
2. Comedy Clegg by Charlotte Henry on Virtually Naked.
On Nick’s speech at the Press Gallery lunch.
3. Telegraph fundamentally misunderstands how the Lib Dems work on Mark Thompson’s blog.
“Other parties may impose policies from the top. The Lib Dems do not.”
4. Jan Powell joins the Lib Dems on Jeremy Rowe, Cornwall Councillor.
Jan Powell crosses the floor in Cornwall.
5. Liberal Vision – as warm and human as a thrown knife? by Mark Valladares on The view from Creeting St Peter.
No cuddles lost here.
6. In which I warmly embrace Liberal Vision by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
Whereas here cuddles are very forthcoming… (though it’s not what you think).
7. Live blog: Vince Cable on economics at Social Liberal Forum conference on Gareth Epps’ blog.
Gareth keeps up with Vince.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. Thank You Lib Dems In Government by Jason Kay on Neue Politik.
“Lower income tax makes a real difference to Jason’s life.” (Submitted by helenduffett via LibDig.)
9. 1 Year of Praise for Lib Dem Ministers: Strengths of Lib Dem Ministers in 1 year of being in Government by Matthew Gibson on Solution Focused Politics.
“Matthew Gibson’s latest useful roundup of media Lib Dem praise” (Submitted by helenduffett via LibDig.)
11. Why climate change matters to local government by Andy Strange on Strange Thoughts.
“Locally-elected councillors are on the front line, writes Andy.” (Submitted by helenduffett via LibDig.)
12. Let’s keep poking the Tories. Labour will happily poke itself by Richard Morris on A View from Ham Common.
“Labour will happily eat itself (and leave Ed Miliband in charge regardless). It’s up to us to make sure the Tories do the same….” (Submitted by Richard Morris via LibDig.)
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-22-24496.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>