Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 220th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (1st-7th May, 2011), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Sadly I’ve been proved right on the coalition by Nich Starling on Norfolk Blogger.
“I don’t like always being right,” says Nich.
2. When Nick and the LibDems balloon was well and truly burst by Lisa Harding on Welcome to Spiderplant Land.
Lisa’s post-match analysis.
3. Labour Leaflet on Mike Priestley’s blog.
Mike’s considering taking this further.
4. Yes to AV rally:Last night Ashdown, Miliband, Eddie Izzard, Iannucci at al were all great. But Jonathan Bartley made the best point I heard all night. by Richard Morris on A View From Ham Common.
A (bird’s eye) view from the Rally.
5. Rally Together-First Day of Fightback by Maelo Manning on libdemchild, aged 11.
I wish I had her energy…
6. With every dig you make me stronger by Lisa Harding on Welcome to Spiderplant Land.
Lisa’s response to one of her blog’s commenters.
7. Day 2: I don’t like the new line we’re spinning either… by Richard Morris on A View From Ham Common.
Richard says we shouldn’t blame the Tories for everything.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. WTF, Lib Dem Voice? SERIOUSLY, WTF?? on Jennie Rigg’s blog.
Or, to paraphrase Jennie, “Too soon…” (Submitted by hmatthies via LibDig.)
9. Heartbreak #sp11 by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
“A thoughtful and measured response to #sp11 results so far” (Submitted by oneexwidow via LibDig.)
10. Political phrases I’d rather not hear – Part I by Chris Jenkinson on My Tale of Me.
“Chris Jenkinson wants to consign the phrase “We’re making tough decisions” to Room 101. A good post on how to work on a better narrative.” (Submitted by Niklas Smith via LibDig.)
11. Crawling from the wreckage by James Graham on Quaequam Blog!.
“AV campaign post mortem.” (Submitted by George W Potter via LibDig.)
12. Is the world a safer place today now Osama Bin Laden is dead? by Lisa Harding on Welcome to Spiderplant Land.
“Spidey points out what should, but sadly isn’t, be obvious. Osama was just one man.” (Submitted by MrBlueSky via LibDig.)
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-220-24092.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>