Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 373rd weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (20-26 April, 2014), together with a hand-picked quintet, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Name 11 Liberal MPs in this 1967 photograph by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
I don’t think I want to admit how poorly I did. How did you do?
2. Conservative candidate tries to fake nomination paperwork by Mark Pack on Mark Pack.
What is more stupid, doing it in the first place, or ‘fessing up?
3. National minority status for the Cornish – a massive Lib Dem win and a win for Cornwall by Alex Folkes on A Lanson Boy.
A very tangible result of having Liberal Democrats in Government. Labour refused to give Cornwall this recognition.
4. Patrick Mercer MP resigns the Conservative whip by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
To spare embarrassment to his party. Stable doors and bolting horses come to mind.
5. Stewart Arnold stands for the European Parliament by Rich Clare on A Brief history of Liberty.
But is former Liberal Democrat MEP Diana Wallis’ husband standing for the Liberal Democrats? Apparently not.
6. A stream of consciousness on class warfare by Jennie Rigg on Anything’s better than listening to an album by Olivia Newton-John.
Achieving diversity is much more complex than we think, says Jennie. (This was also nominated by loads of people via Twitter).
7. The Farage-Le Pen split is a great example of the fundamental weakness of the far right by Nick Tyrone on NickTyrone.com.
“Mild flirtation followed by furniture throwing.” Got to be the phrase of the week.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. To nominate a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s, all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. The Times is right. We need more women blogging about politics by Charlotte Henry on Charlotte Henry: Blog of a Digital Politico.
Charlotte looks at some of the barriers facing women and issues a call to keyboards.
9. Brief thought on UKIP by Andrew Hickey on Sci-ence! Justice Leak!
Andrew questions the wisdom of mocking them. Could it just be pushing people towards them?
10. CAMRA to accelerate campaign against the Great British Pubco Scam by Gareth Epps on Gareth Epps.
Beer lovers and Liberal Democrats in perfect harmony. This has to be a good thing.
11. The delusions of the first decade of the 21st century by David Boyle on The Real Blog.
Some interesting observations on data.
12. UKIP is a party of clowns by Maelo Manning on libdemchild aged 14.
And not the kind that make you laugh, either.
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-373-39543.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>
* Caron Lindsay is Editor of Liberal Democrat Voice and blogs at Caron's Musings