Welcome to the 59th of our weekly round-ups from the Lib Dem blogosphere, featuring the seven most popular stories according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (30th March-5th April), together with a quintet hand-picked by, erm, me, that you might otherwise have missed.
Let’s get straight down to it, in descending order of popularity:
1. That day again on Peter Black’s blog. Back in at number 1 for the second week running, Peter rounds up the best of the day’s Fool stories. Was 30 Clegg lovers real or not?
2. EXCLUSIVE: Liberal Democrats to Drop Democrats on Gavin’s Gaily Gigest. A Fool that Peter didn’t catch, but that clearly sounded plausible to the wider blogs audience.
3. Speaker makes arse of todays PMQs on the Anything Caron can do blog. Forthright views on Speaker Martin’s quadruple cockup.
4. Talk to the hand cos the Council ain’t listening on Helen Duffett’s blog. Relative newcomer scores with her fourth post.
5. Nick Clegg’s 30 Lovers on Paul Walter’s Liberal Burblings. Most of the post is just Amanda Platell, who isn’t popular in the comments.
6. Liberal Democrats: the most left wing party? as second strike for Gavin. Is the party changing, or is the definition of “left wing” moving?
7. Cable silenced at PMQs on Alasdair’s Lib Dem Blog. Getting on the wrong side of the authorities is no bad thing.
And now onto the hand-picked quintet of posts that you may not have seen, but should have done.
8. The Olympic Torch: part of Jonathan Calder’s campaign to remind us exactly where the tradition of the peripatetic torch comes from.
9. Is 28 Days Enough? Yes, says Gavin.
10. Rape is like eating chocolate cake: not Duncan’s views but those of an abhorrent BNP candidate who has subsequently been dropped.
11. The anatomy of a Liberal Democrat. Not the part of the anatomy that Clegg’s been pleasing ladies with. Or maybe? Anyway, Liberal Democrat means something else to the Americans.
12. Were they counting on their fingers? Last but by no means least, the issue that many have commented on but done at length and with wit and charm by Alex Wilcock – why has it taken them so long to realise the repercussions of Gordon’s last budget?
That’s it for another week – best of luck for all those trying for next week.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-golden-dozen-59-2481.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>