Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 234th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (7-13 August, 2011), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. I’ve just asked Nick Clegg how many seats he wants to win at the next election. Here’s his answer. by Richard Morris on A View from Ham Common.
Richard likes a target.
2. Let them yearn for tat by David Boyle on The Real Blog.
Poverty of debate won’t solve poverty of people, says David.
3. Nick Clegg Engages with London LibDems on Jonathan Fryer’s blog.
Jonathan was there.
4. This is going to sound like goodbye… by Mark Valladares on The view from Creeting St Peter.
Mark takes a staycation – from work and the Lib Dems.
5. In Praise of the Guardian: Finding strengths in Nick Clegg by Matthew Gibson on Solution Focused Politics.
On Nick Clegg’s performance after the riots.
6. Note to Lib Dem MPs: We need passionate, emotional liberalism as well as sense, from you by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
Caron reviews Thursday’s Parliamentary debate on the riots.
7. NICK, WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU YESTERDAY? on Andy Crick’s blog.
Andy says Nick Clegg should have been at Thursday’s debate.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. Riots and the establishment’s hypocrisy on Daniel Brett’s blog.
“I suppose we should be grateful that David Cameron tore himself away from his Tuscan salad flavoured with truffle oil to deign the nation with his presence.” (Submitted by danbrett via LibDig.)
9. Some Tips For Self-Publishers on Andrew Hickey’s blog.
“Handy advice.” (Submitted by markpack via LibDig.)
10. Has Guido got this #restore all wrong? on Mark Thompson’s blog.
“Yes, says Mark Thompson – with a well-argued post” (Submitted by markpack via LibDig.)
11. Modern Liberal Democrat heroes: Sophie Bridger by George W Potter on The Potter Blogger.
“George on our intrepid, talented and beer drinking Liberal Youth Scotland.” (Submitted by Caron via LibDig.)
12. David Cameron’s tough talk shows he doesn’t get it by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
“Excellent assessment by Caron of Cameron’s speech where she points out that swingeing prison sentences and tough talk will not solve the problem.” (Submitted by GeorgeWPotter via LibDig.)
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-234-25015.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>