Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 242nd weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator ( 2nd-8th October 2011), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Breaking news: Labour Councillor joins Lib Dems in Sefton by Iain Brodie Browne on Birkdale Focus.
Welcome to the Liberal Democrats, Kris Brown (see 11, below).
2. Leaflets are not enough at the Association of Liberal Democrat Councillors.
“Doorstep work is crucial.”
3. Labour candidate joins Lib Dems by Nigel Ashton on Meols Lib Dems.
More on Kris Brown.
4. If you’re a Labour moderate your party’s deserted you…so come and join the Lib Dems! by Mathew Hulbert on A Liberal Helping.
And while the iron’s hot…
5. We need to stop acting like children by George Potter on The Potter Blogger.
We need to differentiate differently, says George.
6. What you should know about tonight’s Conservative Party Broadcast by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
“…no spots on any leopards have been changed in the making of this broadcast.”
7. That Chris Huhne #tweetfail in full, glorious technicolour by Paul Walter on Liberal Burblings.
The internet never forgets…
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. Bashing the Daily Mail will kill off the Lib Dems: We need a smarter strategy on difficult papers by Matthew Gibson on Solution Focused Politics.
“The majority of Lib Dem voters read a right wing paper, so perhaps we should be looking at winning over more voters, not turning them away. So how do we do this?” (Submitted by MatthewJ via LibDig.)
9. Cat on a HRA Tin Roof? by Stephen Glenn on Stephen’s Liberal Journal.
“A few facts about facts, immigration cases, failing of British officials to follow their own rules and a Home Secretary that seems to take the Daily Mail as gospel.” (Submitted by Stephen Glenn via LibDig.)
10. Why 80mph speed limits will damage the economy by Jonah Oliver on Jonah Oliver’s Blog.
“A science and economic based look at the impact of the 80mph speed limit” (Submitted by Stephen Glenn via LibDig.)
11. Kristofor Brown: Statement on joining the Lib Dems on Kris Brown’s blog.
“A Labour member of 10 years explains his reasons for joining the Liberal Democrats” (Submitted by markpack via LibDig.)
12. It’s ok to cut fire-fighters if there are no fires to fight… by Ewan Hoyle on Scots Gazette. (Submitted by Gavin Hamilton via email.)
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-242-25536.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>