Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 243rd weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (9-15 October, 2011), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. A memo to Liberal England on the subject of Mr Farron by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
Caron rates Farron: “…gobby, barnstorming, feel-good stuff, always delivered with a good kick up the backside.”
2. A letter to Labour by George Potter on The Potter Blogger.
George will never forgive Labour.
3. The Co-op party’s big mistake by George Potter on The Potter Blogger.
George argues in favour of the Co-op Party standing Lib Dem candidates.
4. Day 3934: Things Wot I Was Going to Write This Week by Richard Flowers on The Very Fluffy Diary of Millennium Dome, Elephant.
Millennium’s Conservative Conference Catchup.
5. Is the Coalition changing the Lib Dems? Polling data shows people more confused by the Lib Dems by Matthew Gibson on Solution Focused Politics.
“We need to stop talking about left/right/centre and more about values,” says Matthew.
6. Lesson1: Never defend Chris Huhne unless you have all the facts by Angela Harbutt on Liberal Vision.
Angela replies to Paul Walter’s LDV post.
7. My letter in today’s Guardian: Liberal Democrat conference on Mark Pack’s blog.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. #whatLDsstandfor by George Potter on The Potter Blogger.
“George Potter wants to start a trend where we all say why we’re a liberal democrat and what our three favourite coalition achievements are.” (Submitted by Caron via LibDig.)
9. Taking a photo of your wee girl? That’s terrorism, sir! by Andrew Page on A Scottish Liberal.
“Professional photographer Andrew takes up the case of the father threatened with Anti-Terrorism Act while taking pictures of his own daughter enjoying an ice-cream while out shopping at Braehead Shopping Centre.” (Submitted by Stephen Glenn via LibDig.)
10. Southend-on-Sea schools to get £2,072,000 in Pupil Premium – Lib Dem Win! on the Rambles of Neil Monnery.
“A story to shout about!” (Submitted by oneexwidow via LibDig.)
11. Why is Chris Huhne hitting the nuclear button? on Hoping For More Than Slogans.
“Good summary of an interesting speech, with more analysis to boot.” (Submitted by niles via LibDig.)
12. Why don’t we set up system to cover PPCs who need to take leave? by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
“Excellent piece by Caron on how we should treat PPCs” (Submitted by oneexwidow via LibDig.)
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-243-25622.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>