Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 274th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (13-19 May
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
2. The Green Party’s courting of the Lib Dems by Chris Smith on Greenwich Liberal.
Chris points out that the Greens are not, at heart, a liberal party.
3. The Truth emerges 10 days on by Richard Kemp on But what does Richard Kemp think?.
Richard Kemp thinks there should be conurbation-wide organisation for Liverpool’s economy and transport.
4. Making sense of the differences in results across the country in the local elections by Matthew Gibson on Solution Focused Politics.
” We see the Lib Dem vote holding up better in areas we were fighting the Tories than in areas we were fighting Labour,” says Matthew.
5. Coalition to end in tears? by Alex Marsh on Alex’s Archives.
“Back in 2010 no one would have entertained the idea that we were destined to replay 1932 all over again.”
6. Oh Dear. Nick and Dave having a falling out in The House by Richard Morris on A View from Ham Common.
ROFL? No. *sadface*
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to email@example.com.
8. A message from Paddy on party strategy over a decade later by Chris Richards at On Liberty Now.
“Less talk of ‘achievements’ more talk of vision” (Submitted by Chris Richards via LibDig.)
9. Rethinking long term Lib Dem political strategy by Matthew Gibson on Solution Focused Politics.
“Perhaps we need to think about our end game and the strategy we are running.” (Submitted by MatthewJ via LibDig.)
10. The Blood is The Life 13-05-2012 on Jennie Rigg’s blog.
Do not adjust your sets. Jennie salutes a Tory MP (and rightly so!)
11. Differences and Similarities between EU and the UK on Nic Prigg’s blog.
“…not to say the EU is perfect, of course it isn’t but neither is the UK. I believe in a more federal UK & EU, with power concentrated as locally as possible.”
12. Happy 40th Birthday, Danny Alexander by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
“What you gonna do when you run out of bamboo..?”
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-274-28612.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>