Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 275th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (20-26 May, 2012), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Clegg has a right go at Lib Dem Peers over Lords Reform by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
Caron detects a whiff of disdain.
2. Who voted against Conference Accreditation? by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
Clue: she’s a top Scottish Lib Dem blogger.
3. Labour MPs openly mocking the disabled MP Paul Maynard by Neil Monnery on The Rambles of Neil Monnery.
Neil, who has also been diagnosed with cerebral palsy, looks back at this unpleasant incident.
4. Conference accreditation: the message I would rather Tim Farron had sent me on Mark Pack’s blog.
Mark imagines the email he didn’t receive.
5. A bad error of judgement by the Southend Lib Dems by Neil Monnery on The Rambles of Neil Monnery.
On the local Lib Dems’ decision to abstain from the vote for Council Leader.
6. Lib Dems on 10% in Poll of Polls: Inaccurate by 2% which more accurate sums show by Matthew Gibson on Solution Focused Politics.
“…maybe it’s a straw we can try and grasp at?” says Matthew.
7. Illiberal, Undemocratic Federal Conference on Gareth Epps’ blog.
On the decision to accept accreditation for Federal Conference.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. Conference Accreditation – My Response by Andrew Brown on The Widow’s World.
“Spot on analysis on accreditation from Andrew. “a disappointing decision made in an unsatisfactory fashion” ” (Submitted by Caron via LibDig.)
9. Cameron and Fruit Ninja-gate on Mark Thompson’s blog.
“Well said Mark Thompson: “It makes me wonder what those who deem these pieces worthy of reporting on actually expect from a political leader. Because if they want an utter obsessive who spends every waking second on politics getting very little sleep and finding pretty much no time for anything else I believe the member for Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath is available for a comeback”.” (Submitted by markpack via LibDig.)
10. What people will remember and forget about the Lib Dems in government by Matthew Gibson on Solution Focused Politics.
“Come 2015 the question will not be what have the Lib Dems achieved in government, it will be what will people have remembered they did in government and will this be enough to make people vote for the party?” (Submitted by MatthewJ via LibDig.)
11. Liquid Democracy: The Future of #LDConf? by Morgan Griffith-David on Spineless Liberal.
“I’d love to get some LibDem feedback on the idea,” says Morgan, “It’s on the Pirate Party’s idea of Liquid Democracy – a mix between Direct and Representative – and whether it could be adopted by the LibDems.” (Submitted by Morgan Griffith-David via email.)
12. Targeting Clegg’s family home was plain wrong by Richard Morris at the New Statesman.
“…it takes quite a lot for me to write that a protest is just plain wrong. But targeting someone’s children does cross that line. Which is why I think yesterday’s UK Uncut demonstration outside Nick Clegg’s home was unjustifiable.”
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-275-28718.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>