Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 314th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (17 -23 February 2013), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Eastleigh By-Election 18 February “There’s increasing panic in the Tory Headquarters” by Mark Pack on Mark Pack .
Well, I guess there would be when the candidate say her son couldn’t possibly go to a state school because he wants to be a surgeon.
2. Lord Rennard: what next? by Angela Harbutt on Liberal Vision.
An early reaction to the Channel 4 news story and the party’s initial actions.
3. EMLD make a splash at the Eastleigh by-election by Lester Holloway on Lester Holloway .
Pictures of a busy day on the campaign trail.
4. Why Maria Hutchings missed the BBC Eastleigh hustings by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
She had a very important speech to make. Not quite the Gettysburg Address…
5. UKIP voters aren’t extremists by George Potter on The Potter Blogger
We need to address their worries about jobs and housing says George.
6. Can Maria Hutchings turn this round and pull off a sensational Eastleigh victory? by Neil Monnery on The Ramblings of Neil Monnery.
And Neil can get a job with Calvin Klein…
7. Eastleigh by-election 17 February by Mark Pack on Mark Pack.
With an Obama-style video.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. Richard Briers, Tom Good and the rise of Margaret Thatcher by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
Jonathan on the passing of a national treasure.
9. Is the Maria Hutchings (No) show a taste of Tory tactics for the 2015 election? by Richard Flowers on The Very Fluffy Diary of Millennium Dome, Elephant
Does David Cameron think his candidates are fit to face the public?
10.Call for 100% tax on illiberal doctors by Nick Thornsby on Nick Thornsby’s blog
How can you not love the Royal College of Letting Peop. (Submitted by Alex via email.)
11. Gavin Shuker and the law on prostitution by Andy Strange on Strange Thoughts.
We need a rational approach on this, not a moral crusade, says Andy. (Submitted by Alex via email.)
12. The legacy of the James Bulger case by Simon Titley on Liberator’s Blog.
Is our over -protectiveness of our children harming them and stopping them from becoming independent?
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-314-33478.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>
* Caron Lindsay is Editor of Liberal Democrat Voice and blogs at Caron's Musings