Yours truly got off lightly, with only one certain leak (I knew that TKMaxx shoe habit would come back to haunt me) and no possible leaks. But as one of society’s carless, propertyless and largely moneyless non-stakeholders I am atypical. The moral of the story seems to be don’t drive, don’t get ill, don’t have a mortgage, don’t seek employment with any public service and don’t allow your children to go on TV (and definitely don’t have children). Oh, and on no account work seasonally on a farm.
- Latest Brexit poll shows that Liberal Democrats are on the right side of the argument (Caron Lindsay)
- A longer read for the weekend: Baroness Kate Parminter’s Burntwood Lecture on Brexit and the Environment (The Voice)
- Liberals across Europe mark Human Rights Day (Caron Lindsay)
- How a boxer fighting in Manchester tonight typifies the horrors of Fidel’s Cuba (Charles Lawley)
- LISTEN: To Sal Brinton on Any Questions (Caron Lindsay)
- Stuck in the middle with who?
- Will residents in Manor Drive face gridlock in the coming years? #Gunthorpe
- Voting in Liberal Democrat elections closes Wednesday 14 December
- Is Ludlow an ivory tower? "Yes" says Guardian cartoonist, Martin Rowson
- Advent Calendar 11: At the Richard Jefferies Museum, Swindon
- Farage confirms that UKIP was his vanity project
- I voted no because 'I don't like Renzi'!
- Weekly Road Report - West End Ward
- Interesting Links for 11-12-2016
- Two by-elections summed up in two victory speeches
- Richard Underhill 11th Dec - 11:59am
The Andrew Marr Show on 11/12/16 is worth a look. We wish him a speedy recovery. He was replaced for one week by Nick Robinson...
- Peter Andrews 11th Dec - 11:54am
Oh and by the way I speak as someone who is due to go to court as a victim of a burglary where two burglars...
- Graham Evans 11th Dec - 11:53am
One of the potential political hazards of economic decline as a result of Brexit is that instead of blaming the Brexiteers and the Tory government,...
- Peter Andrews 11th Dec - 11:50am
I actually totally agree that ex-prisoners should not have to disclose their convictions on all job applications. Making them do so is a sure fire...
- Leekliberal 11th Dec - 11:46am
As one of the 48%, another benefit of a 2nd referendum when the terms of any brexit deal are clear, is that if we vote...
- DJ 11th Dec - 11:41am
Whatever the horrors and limitations of Cuba under Fidel Castro, I do not think they are best represented by a boxer having to stay amateur....
Mon 12th Dec 2016
Wed 14th Dec 2016
Thu 15th Dec 2016
Sun 18th Dec 2016