Yours truly got off lightly, with only one certain leak (I knew that TKMaxx shoe habit would come back to haunt me) and no possible leaks. But as one of society’s carless, propertyless and largely moneyless non-stakeholders I am atypical. The moral of the story seems to be don’t drive, don’t get ill, don’t have a mortgage, don’t seek employment with any public service and don’t allow your children to go on TV (and definitely don’t have children). Oh, and on no account work seasonally on a farm.
- Lib Dems publish latest accounts: £439k surplus and membership up to 43,451
- Lord Rennard: Lib Dems continue investigation into peer while party official apologises for lapse
- Good news: Voters places themselves and the Lib Dems in the centre. Bad news: that doesn't mean they're liberals
- Ukip may well win a seat in May 2015. But the least likely person to get elected is Nigel Farage
- Opinion: Who are the terrorists?
- Actually, this having the World Cup in England might be a good idea (Caron Lindsay)
- Don Foster MP writes…Justifiable NIMBYism? (Don Foster MP)
- Opinion: What is HAMAS’s game plan? (Steve Coltman)
- Opinion: The ECHR is a “British Bill of Rights” (Jonathan Waddell)
- Monroe Palmer writes: Reform of the complaints system for the Armed Forces (Monroe Palmer)
- Serial bloggage
- Liberal Democrats try to win back the green vote
- John Lennon - an alternative view of the 'secular saint'
- Update on #IPv6 Motion
- Britain takes another step forward in catching up on driverless cars
- Timothy Garton Ash on global free speech standards
- Linkblogging For 30/7/14
- Lawyers Kidwells and Ludlow Skip Hire threaten me but I won't meet their demands
- Social Liberal Conference: Farron on the Radical challenge now the Regan/Thatcher/ Blair consensus is dead
- Shropshire Council speaks on rats in downtown Ludlow
- Eddie Sammon 30th Jul - 11:55pm
Argh, maybe the left will stop its nastiness one day, it hates inequality, but sometimes it makes out that it hates the people involved in...
- Nick Barlow 30th Jul - 11:40pm
In the unlikely event FIFA were to take the World Cup away from Russia, France would be the most likely emergency hosting choice, given that...
- Eddie Sammon 30th Jul - 11:33pm
Putin shouldn't be able to act with impunity, but it would be excessive to introduce more sanctions. The criticisms of football culture should also be...
- Nick Thornsby 30th Jul - 11:08pm
Interesting piece Josh. I agree that this is an area that has been under-analysed and one as a party we need to look at. With...
- Peter 30th Jul - 10:03pm
Gentlemen, one other comment. I do not take part here on behalf of UKIP. I am not in any way affiliated to UKIP. I have...
- Peter 30th Jul - 9:51pm
I think a better way of assessing rule by Brussels is to look at the areas where Brussels claim competence. Do not forget that the...
Thu 31st Jul 2014
Sun 3rd Aug 2014
Thu 7th Aug 2014
Thu 14th Aug 2014
Thu 21st Aug 2014