Yours truly got off lightly, with only one certain leak (I knew that TKMaxx shoe habit would come back to haunt me) and no possible leaks. But as one of society’s carless, propertyless and largely moneyless non-stakeholders I am atypical. The moral of the story seems to be don’t drive, don’t get ill, don’t have a mortgage, don’t seek employment with any public service and don’t allow your children to go on TV (and definitely don’t have children). Oh, and on no account work seasonally on a farm.
- Lib Dem Geraldine Locke takes safe Tory Council seat in Richmond
- Catherine Bearder MEP doesn't need men telling her what's important
- A small step for trust in the manifesto
- Opinion: General election 2015 - The rise of UKIP and the Tory decapitation strategy
- Paul Tyler writes...Lessons for our new campaigner-in-chief?
- Opinion: Who will be paying if the government drops free over-75s TV licences: the BBC or the over-75s? (Jamie Shaw-Stewart)
- Opinion: Regaining lost trust – the five-year campaign trail ahead (Jim Williams)
- Opinion: Building homes has never been more important (Stephen Knight)
- Opinion: Should we bomb ISIS positions in Syria? (Mark Argent)
- Opinion: Revolution is not a dirty word (Toby MacDonnell)
- Leadership contest: responses from Tim and Norman
- Sandgate Escarpment: Planning Decision Meeting
- Councillors Advice Centre - Saturday 11th July
- Pedestrians should not be sharing space with cars in Kirkdale
- A great Gatley Festival Fun Day - right up until the moment the heavens opened!
- Community Politics in Modern Britain
- Jonathan Greenwall and Brian Goodchild: In Memorium
- Luck and sporting success
- Voting age reduction to 16 goes through in Scotland
- Welsh Liberal Democrats accuse government of casual attitude to domestic abuse
- Richard Underhill 6th Jul - 11:04pm
Evan Harris is right. Magna Carta did nothing for Jews, women and serfs, as the director of Liberty said on the Andrew Marr Show.
- Richard Underhill 6th Jul - 10:53pm
"The inheritance tax threshold rise is just a stupid promise made by the conservatives" Inheritance tax is a tax you do not have to pay,...
- Caron Lindsay 6th Jul - 10:20pm
Thanks for highlighting this, Paul. It's going to be interesting because even if any Tory felt exercised enough by this abuse of process by the...
- Andrew 6th Jul - 10:09pm
@ Mr Wallace 9 lib Dems, 1 UKIP and 1 Green actually! But don't let a report by the Electoral Reform Society based on a...
- Jamie Stewart 6th Jul - 10:01pm
Thanks for the comments. My main impetus for writing this was George Osborne's clever politics, and I was shoving it out there partly for people...
- Sammy O'Neill 6th Jul - 9:55pm
@JohnTilley Pointing out how his suggestions are flawed and not actually feasible is not "doing the work of The Conservatives and the property spivs ",...
Mon 6th Jul 2015
Wed 8th Jul 2015
Thu 9th Jul 2015
Fri 10th Jul 2015
Sat 11th Jul 2015
Sun 12th Jul 2015
Thu 16th Jul 2015
Sat 18th Jul 2015
Sun 19th Jul 2015
Mon 20th Jul 2015
Thu 23rd Jul 2015
Sat 25th Jul 2015
Sun 26th Jul 2015
Mon 27th Jul 2015
Thu 30th Jul 2015
Sat 1st Aug 2015