Welcome to the 98th of our weekly round-ups from the Lib Dem blogosphere, featuring the seven most popular stories according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (28th December 2008 – 3rd January 2009), together with a hand-picked quintet, mostly courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
New year, old custom: let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down.
1. Another success for Will Howells, Guitar Tutor on Helen Duffett’s Paint the town Orange blog.
Well done, Will et al. You’re all Guitar Heroes to me.
2. On Rennard, money and the BBC on John’s Liberal Revolution blog.
Be careful what you wish for: I’m expecting Tweets asking for cash from M’Lord Rennard any moment now. (See also No. 4).
3. Nine wishes for 2009 #1: Lembit Opik to prove me wrong on James Graham’s Quaequam Blog!
Top tip from James to Lembit: “embrace technology – something he has thus far managed to avoid in the way that 8 year old boys avoid baths.”
4. Rennard’s obsession with money on Alasdair Wood’s A Radical View blog.
Alasdair’s not gruntled with the latest email, either. Top quality discussion in the comments thread, by the way.
5. Nick’s videos inspire like cold porridge on ‘Costigan Quist’s’ Himmelgarten Café blog.
‘Dull, formulaic and shouting “politics as normal”.’ Ah well – but, then, I’m not averse to cold porridge.
6. Melanie Phillips: “Israel is defending civilisation” on Meral Ece’s Meral’s Musings.
‘She really has become a mad caricature of herself.’ Quite.
7. General Election posters: who’s hoarding the good ones? on Lib Dem Voice.
Their advertising isn’t working (on me, anyway).
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. As is now traditional we’re using the LibDig widget to select some of the posts from the seven days in question which you’ve most ‘dug’. But, remember, if you want to highlight a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail all you have to do is drop me a line at [email protected] (providing the web-link and author, and any tagline comment you care to have published).
8. EXCLUSIVE! Exciting News Leaked to ME! on Jennie Rigg’s The Yorksher Gob blog.
“Have you submitted your blog to Wikio? Here’s why you should.” (Nominated by Mark Pack via LibDig).
9. And The Next Doctor Is… on Alex Wilcock’s Love and Liberty blog.
Apparently some Lib Dems are interested in this kind of news.
10. Lamentable Lammy on Sara Bedford’s Always win when you’re singing blog.
“David Lammy, the Labour MP for Tottenham, bombs on TV.” (Nominated by Mark Pack via LibDig).
11. Politicians, sex, drugs and a solution on ‘Costigan Quist’s’ Himmelgarten Café blog.
‘Let’s have a couple of hundred MPs admit to drug taking, psychological problems and interesting sex lives.’ An underestimate, surely?
12. The O.B.E. – a huge Honour on Meral Ece’s Meral’s Musings blog.
And hugely well-deserved.
That’s it for this week. Happy blogging in 2009…
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-golden-dozen-98-9897.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>