Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 285th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (29 July – 4 August, 2012), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Cllr James Allie quits the Lib Dems for Labour in Brent by Neil Monnery on The Rambles of Neil Monnery.
Neil says defecting councillors should go independent or trigger a by-election.
2. David Cameron has dumped House of Lords Reform. Don’t panic, Don’t panic, Don’t panic! by Neil Monnery on The Rambles of Neil Monnery.
Neil wants to wait and see how it plays out.
3. Lords Reform dropped? Sulk a bit, then carry on… by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
“David Cameron has abjectly failed to show that he leads a modern party.”
4. Nick Clegg attacked by Scottish pub by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
Not that Earl of Glasgow…
5. Latest Lib Dem membership figures and accounts on Mark Pack’s blog.
Figures from the Electoral Commission.
6. Lords Reform. Apparently it’s been cancelled by Richard Morris on A View from Ham Common.
Burying bad news.
7. Why it has to be the end of the road for the #TeamGB football team on Peter Black AM’s blog.
Why we can’t repeat this experiment in future Olympics.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. BoJo as you’ve never seen him before. It’s better than you think: by Richard Morris on A View from Ham Common.
The Dark Knight Rises.
9. Brilliant, bonkers and Bond it like Beckham – Boyle’s triumphant Olympic opening ceremony by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
10. I medal, you medal, he/she/it medals by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
Jonathan verbs that noun.
11. David Cameron is now weaker than John Major on Mark Thompson’s Blog.
“I’m referring to how he has steadfastly refused to move George Osborne from the Treasury brief. It has demonstrated just how hidebound his political room for manoeuvre has become.”
12. Does a political party’s website tell you anything about what they believe? by Rich Clare on A Brief History of Liberty.
Messages about cookies reveal more than you might expect.
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-11-29734.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>