Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 210th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (20th – 26th February, 2011), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. New poll has Lib Dems on 18% by Charlotte Henry on Virtually Naked.
Full marks to Charlotte for finding the poll result buried in an article on the referendum.
2. The Liberal Democrat scandal that never was by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
How Andrew Neil and Guido Fawkes got it wrong.
3. Labour’s smear of Miriam Clegg shows their panic over Blair and Gaddafi by Dan Falchikov on Living on Words Alone.
On smears and smokescreens.
4. With Regret on Gavin Chambers’ blog.
Buckhurst Hill Parish Councillor resigns from the party.
5. Paul Waugh on the difference LibDems are making on Lynne Featherstone MP’s blog.
Lynne links to “He who Libs, wins”.
6. The AV “debate” in Leeds by Will Noble on Will’s Liberal Thoughts.
Just an impartial little debate between two sides of… the ‘No’ Campaign.
7. Labour’s Leighton Andrews’ Extraordinary Live TV Coco Pops Outburst by Mark Cole on A Life Inside & Outside of Politics.
A breakfast briefing with a difference.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. Improving Lib Dem Campaigning: Increasing social relationships in your local party by Matthew Gibson on Solution Focused Politics.
“Matthew invokes Dunbar’s Number – and shows how a small but close-knit local party can be effective.” (Submitted by helenduffett via LibDig.)
9. Nick Clegg bashing by the Press is getting ludicrous now by Richard Morris on A View From Ham Common.
“Nick Clegg, over and above the party, is becoming a default blame figure by the press. When we can get them to stop writing ludicrous stories about nick, then we’ll know we’re winning again.” (Submitted by Richard Morris via LibDig.)
10. Day 3702: An Interest in Inflation by Richard Flowers on The Very Fluffy Diary of Millennium Dome, Elephant.
“The elephant explains interest rates using his favourite analogy of sticky buns” (Submitted by lizw via LibDig.)
11. Britain’s non-voters insult freedom fighters in Libya by Chris Davies MEP.
“Politics in Libya reflects badly on the UK’s low election turnouts.” (Submitted by jen.yockney via LibDig.)
12. Has Nick Clegg got a secret second job? by John Abrams on Liberal Revolution.
“You decide: check out this Estonian drummer” (Submitted by helenduffett via LibDig.)
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-210-23225.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>