Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 223rd weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (22nd-28th May, 2011), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Goodbye No.4 Cowley St – Will the last person to leave please turn out the lights by Mark Cole on A Life Inside & Outside of Politics.
2. Olly Grender vs. Mark Pack FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT by Richard Morris on A View from Ham Common.
3. Huhne mess proves why the Lib Dems must be squeaky clean by Sam Phripp on Virtually Naked.
Sam tries the window test.
4. Laurie Penny was asking for it on The Rambles of Neil Monnery.
Neil defends Ken Clarke.
5. Ministry of Sound donates to the Liberal Democrats by Charlotte Henry on Virtually Naked.
Charlotte takes a peek inside the red box.
6. Last night’s Question Time shows just why we should value the BBC by Charlotte Henry on Virtually Naked.
In praise of #BBCQT.
7. Who will vote for us in 2015: A response to Tim Farron by Andrew Emmerson on The Yellow Bastard.
Alarm Clock Britain, that’s who.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. This is why we are in Government by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
“Achieving an end to child detention goes a long way to easing the pain…” (Submitted by oneexwidow via LibDig.)
9. Guardian welcomes Lib Dem green investment bank triumph by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
“Guardian in positive Lib Dem story shock!” (Submitted by oneexwidow via LibDig.)
10. How NO2AV poisoned the Coalition well on Mark Thompson’s blog.
“A Mark Thompson blog post of his usual thoughtful calibre.” (Submitted by Lorna Spenceley via LibDig.)
11. People who do not understand our constitution should not pontificate on it. WARNING: contains rant on Jennie Rigg’s blog.
“Jennie Rigg points out that if Parliament objects to “judge-made law” it should legislate. In the meantime, judges have to rule in privacy cases based on what law there is.” (Submitted by Niklas Smith via LibDig.)
12. Dentist reviews HIV guidance – and health trust is giving training too by Michael Carchrie Campbell on Gyronny Herald.
“A story of educating health professions (Dentists on this occasion) about treating HIV patients with equality without ignorance. Some very Lib Dem thoughts brought about by a simple enquiry from Michael.” (Submitted by Stephen Glenn via LibDig.)
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-223-24304.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>