Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 256th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (8-14 January
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. What the fuck has happened to us? by George Potter on The Potter Blogger.
On Wednesday’s House of Lords vote on the Welfare Reform Bill.
3. Sausages by David Grace on Disgruntled Radical.
David revives a meaty meme.
4. David Dimbleby and the demise of Nationwide by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
Did the enlistment of David Dimbleby in 1982 seal Nationwide’s fate?
5. The Independence Referendum – praise for Mike Moore by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
Caron rounds up the plaudits for the Scottish Secretary.
6. Charles Kennedy set to lead pro-Union campaign in referendum by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
“Will Charles and co. be enough to save the Union?” asks Jonathan.
7. If Scotland votes for independence it’s game over, binding or not on Mark Thompson’s Blog.
“If Scotland votes in a referendum for further or full independence, regardless of whether David Cameron likes how and when the vote occurs, it will happen.”
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. What should the Spartacus Report mean for the Welfare Reform Bill? by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
“Caron reminds everyone why the Spartacus Report means all Lib Dem members of parliament should be having a rethink about the Welfare Reform Bill” (Submitted by Richard Morris via LibDig.)
9. Well done Jenny Tonge by David Grace on Disgruntled Radical.
“Very well merited commendations for Jenny Tonge for her sterling performance in the Lords, voting for party policy when even the likes of Lord Ashdown didn’t.” (Submitted by GeorgeWPotter via LibDig.)
10. +++Breaking News Lords reject one year time limit for ESA by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
“The very welcome news that Lib Dem policy triumphed in the Lords, even though so few of our peers supported it.” (Submitted by GeorgeWPotter via LibDig.)
11. Loving Borgen, but I do just have three questions about it… by Stephen Tall on The Collected Stephen Tall.
“Really. I mean, the leader of the Moderates, Birgitte Nyborg, sparks a dose of ‘Cleggmania’ which actually works… she gains more seats, and forms a government. This is Lib Dem dreamland!”
12. Who’s Up in 2012 at ALDC .
A very useful summary of the composition of councillors, by authority-type and party, facing election in May 2012.
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-256-26609.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>