Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 296th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (14-20, 2012), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Nick Clegg rubbishes cash-for-seats deal story even more effectively by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
Clegg to Shapps: “I suppose finally that’s a get-rich-quick scheme which he is actually prepared to put his name to” .
2. Jimmy Savile: the other question we should be asking on Mark Pack’s blog.
Why did journalists fail to land the story?
3. Why does David Rendel bother? by Paul Walter on Liberal Burblings.
Paul pays tribute to David’s commitment.
4. Conor Burns doesn’t understand the difference between “The Government” and “The Tory Party” on Mark Thompson’s blog.
Mark spells it out.
5. David Howarth speaking up for the majority by Iain Brodie Browne on Birkdale Focus.
Another appearance in the Dozen for this post.
6. Richard Kemp: Why there will never again be a Tory Government on Alan D Winter’s blog.
Richard Kemp’s recent conversation with a Tory councillor.
7. Alec Robertson – my part in his downfall by Alex Folkes on A Lanson Boy.
This week the Leader of Cornwall Council lost a confidence vote. Alex gives the background.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. What Single Power Is It My Priority To Repatriate From Europe? on Matt J McLaren’s blog.
“Matt J. McLaren in response to Adam Bell’s astute question posted on the Decline of Logos…” (Submitted by mattjmclaren via LibDig.)
9. Ostrich MP for Bournemouth on Marriage Equality by Stephen Glenn on Stephen’s Liberal Journal.
“Stephen takes the gay, MP for Bournemouth West, Alderney and Branksome East to task for not even seeing and hearing the demands for marriage equality from his own party’s LGBTory group.” (Submitted by Stephen Glenn via LibDig.)
10. NHS Reform, the bill “no one voted for”? No, not really. on Mat Bowles’ blog.
“Wouldn’t it be nice if the opponents of measures would actually argue their case?”
11. A tax storm in a coffee cup by Stephen Williams MP.
“I will not be buying any lattes off Starbucks until they come clean about their tax avoidance activities,” says Stephen.
12. Welcome changes at Party HQ by Andy Strange on Strange Thoughts.
Andy likes the staff restructure, but calls on party Leadership to provide clear messages and management.
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-296-30965.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>