Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 473rd weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the five most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (12 – 18 March 2017), together with a hand-picked seven you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Four things to note about record electoral fine for the Conservative Party by Mark Pack on Mark Pack.
Mark looks at the law behind and the implications of the £70,000 fine.
2. My twopence about the #toryelectionfraud thing by Nick Tyrone on NickTyrone.com.
The opposition could be making much more of this than they are.
3. No spectacular wins but a spread of Lib Dem progress in tonight’s by-elections by Mark Pack on Mark Pack.
mark’s analysis of Thursday’s by-elections.
4. A General Election? This year? No thanks. by Richard Morris on A View from Ham Common .
“Be careful what you wish for.”
5. If the left wants to regain power, it needs to be more honest with itself and others by Nick Tyrone on Nick.Tyrone.com .
I think this could possibly be summed up as “Keep it simple, stupid.”
And now to the seven blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. To nominate a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s, all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected] You can also contact us via Twitter, where we’re @libdemvoice
6. Economic fantasy, fiscal chicanery: Predictions about the SNP’s Growth Commission by Dave Gorman on Liberalism5.
Dave takes the SNP to task on their economic predictions.
7. Some words on #indyref2 by Andrew Brown on The Widow’s World.
On self-determination and the future of the UK.
8. Feeling welcome n the Lib Dems by Jean Pierre Ivanov on The Only Way.
Glad that a new recruit feels at home with us.
9. RIP the UK of GB and NI by Mark Cole on A life inside and outside of politics
We just have to hope his crystal ball is a bit wonky.
10. And now, the end is near and as we face the final curtain by Mark Valladares on A liberal amongst the country gentry.
Now Article 50 is about to be fired off, what next?
11. Shaming statistics for the 175 by Jen Yockney on Either/And.
Food for thought for the parliamentarians who voted against same sex marriage as evidence shows it saves lives.
12. Putting councils at the heart of health and social care by Cllr Richard Kemp on But what does Richard Kemp think?
Richard writes about the motion up for debate at Lib Dem conference.
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-473-53599.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>
* Caron Lindsay is Editor of Liberal Democrat Voice and blogs at Caron's Musings