Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 273rd weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (6-12 May, 2012), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Lib Dems face existential crisis by Dan Falchikov on Living on words alone.
“What the party needs to do now is to identify one or two big, liberal and popular issues and start to do what it did in opposition – campaign.”
2. How Nick Clegg’s Sheffield Hallam constituency voted on Thursday by Neil Monnery on The Rambles of Neil Monnery.
Hallam’s healthy Lib Dem vote.
3. A broken party and broken hearts: The election result shows we are asking the wrong questions by Matthew Gibson on Solution Focused Politics.
Matthew says it’s time to listen.
4. The local elections on Eric Avebury’s blog.
Differentiation, Lord Avebury says, is about pushing for an equal society. See his list for inspiration…
5. Thoughts from a LibDem Candidate in LibDem Siberia by Nicola Prigg on Nic Prigg’s blog.
Nicola’s got a taste for it now…
6. Reasons for the political micro climate in Southport by Iain Brodie Browne on Birkdale Focus.
Life on the Lib Dem Riviera.
7. Coalition Negotiations 2015. A Play. on Mark Thompson’s Blog.
Mark sets the scene…
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. Happy Birthday to the LiberaTory Coalition by Alex Wilcock on Love and Liberty.
“Daddy Alex outlines why we need to be brave & stick with the Coalition, even though it is horrendously bad sometimes.” (Submitted by caron via LibDig.)
9. Lib Dems voters did not defect they stayed away by Matthew Gibson on Solution Focused Politics.
“The Lib Dem vote is still there it’s just they are staying at home.” (Submitted by neilmonnery via LibDig.)
10. Communications Interception: LibDem party view, round two by Zoe O’Connell on Complicity.
“…Julian Huppert very much Gets It, and if he doesn’t he’ll ask those of us that do.”
11. The #Clegginar – Nick Clegg bites polos and chats with members about the Queen’s Speech by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
Caron reports back on the latest Lib Dem ministerial online Q&A – exclusively for party members.
12. The day Nick Clegg first heard my name… by Edward Sainsbury on Voice of a Citizen.
…was also the day Edward set out his own blueprint for the future.
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-8-28511.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>