Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 276th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (27 May – 2 June
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Nick Clegg on Andrew Marr this morning – Eurozone, human rights, immigration and vested interests by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
Caron rounds up the main points.
2. So, Yes Scotland’s failure is my fault….even though they’ve altered their site by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
Caron on Yes Scotland’s “portraying the most optimistic view of their support…”
3. The Lib Dems should vote with Labour on Jeremy Hunt by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
“Labour, says BBC News, is to force a Commons division on whether Jeremy Hunt broke the ministerial code.”
4. Why the UK Uncut mob were selfish in their protest outside Nick Clegg’s home on Saturday by Neil Monnery on The Rambles of Neil Monnery.
“…what they did do was cause distress to people who weren’t the target of the protest.”
5. Taxi for Warsi by Christian DeFeo on Whirled Peas.
Imagining what Clement Freud MP would have said.
6. Rafael Behr dissects the Conservatives’ discontent by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
“Rafael Behr hits a whole row of ducks in his latest New Statesman article.”
7. Is Nick Clegg a millionaire? by Dan Falchikov on Living on Words Alone.
And does that make it ok for UK Uncut to protest outside his house?
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. Common sense has prevailed on the pasty tax by Stephen Gilbert MP on Total Politics.
“Stephen Gilbert writes: “The government can’t be blasted for being cavalier when they carry on regardless and then chaotic when they listen and change tack. We should welcome it when common sense prevails.””. (Submitted by markpack via LibDig.)
9. Debate with Malcolm Rifkind on AV by Matt McLaren on Wisdom and Power.
“For those fond of nostalgia after my student union took all year to actually upload this footage, this is the eve of poll debate between myself (young Lib Dem member) and Malcolm Rifkind on AV last year.” (Submitted by mattjmclaren via LibDig.)
10. Scottish Independence: what are the chances of an honest debate? by Mark Valladares on The View from Creeting St Peter.
“Probably the most sensible contribution to the debate on Scotland’s future yet.” (Submitted by Caron via LibDig.)
11. Tony Blair, ‘master of the dark arts’, has a point the Lib Dems could learn by Matthew Gibson on Solution Focused Politics.
“Blair can teach us a lot about managing the media. I don’t believe in compromising principles for favours but I do believe we deserve a fairer hearing from the media than we are currently getting” (Submitted by MatthewJ via LibDig.)
12. Vince Cable addresses members and business leaders in the East Midlands on Nottingham Liberal Democrats.
“This has proved to be a wonderful way of promoting diversity through interacting with and communicating our message to those parts of the public which we very often fail to get close to. Similar events fronted by our Ministers within minority communities should be supported across the country.” (Submitted by Alisdair Calder McGregor via email.)
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-9-28819.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>