Readout of Vice President Biden’s Call with Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Nick Clegg
Vice President Biden spoke to Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Nick Clegg today to thank him for his congratulatory message following last week’s U.S. election. The Vice President expressed appreciation for Deputy Prime Minister Clegg’s friendship and the close and enduring partnership of the United States and the United Kingdom. The two also agreed to continue close cooperation between our two countries to strengthen the global economy and address a range of shared security challenges.
- Surely it's time for the Liberal Democrats to part company with Alex Carlile
- The Independent View: Progressive and pro-European voters must unite against Tory-UKIP chaos
- The Green party - should we be panicking?
- Debates plan disadvantages the Liberal Democrats
- Opinion: Let's look at the harm caused by Page 3
- The left cheers Syriza while Miliband equivocates (Joe Otten)
- Opinion: Enablement For All (Kirsten Johnson)
- Opinion: The case for a “Great Reform Pact” (Mike Biden)
- Surely it’s time for the Liberal Democrats to part company with Alex Carlile (Caron Lindsay)
- Opinion: A liberal postcard from Athens (Stephen Harte)
- Two good Liberal Democrat fundraising statistics
- My visit to Auschwitz
- Chipping Sodbury Baptist Church Seniors Lunch
- Syriza's victory. This is going to end badly for somebody
- The Greens are learning the hard way how ugly politics can be
- Walking and cycling is key to less congestion
- Safety in the home is vital
- Lane closures on Kingsway for maintenance over half term
- The Blood is The Life 27-01-2015
- Lighting concern - Riverside Avenue to Perth Road
- Psi 27th Jan - 12:19pm
David Pollard “but it will make the arch monetarists think seriously about what they are doing.” The response of European institutions and governments is many...
- GP Purnell 27th Jan - 12:17pm
@ Simon McGrath - more growth. @Caron - that is a fair point, though it is by no means clear that public sector workers (and...
- FrankBooth 27th Jan - 12:10pm
I wasn't impressed by either Williams' or Jones' articles and I say that as someone who was very critical of the UK government's initial austerity...
- Bill le Breton 27th Jan - 12:07pm
Caron, I don't think that will work. People have never worked in the health service for money alone. For them it is a vocation. Many...
- Yorkshire Guidon 27th Jan - 12:06pm
@ JohnTilley. I agree with you about the Owen Jones comment. Joe is looking pretty childish there. Not too late to edit it Joe!
- EdReach 27th Jan - 12:04pm
Given the latest good news in the growth figures, wouldn't it be wise for Lib Dems to be rightly taking credit for their part in...