Readout of Vice President Biden’s Call with Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Nick Clegg
Vice President Biden spoke to Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Nick Clegg today to thank him for his congratulatory message following last week’s U.S. election. The Vice President expressed appreciation for Deputy Prime Minister Clegg’s friendship and the close and enduring partnership of the United States and the United Kingdom. The two also agreed to continue close cooperation between our two countries to strengthen the global economy and address a range of shared security challenges.
- Opinion: Child taken from womb by social services. Really?
- Jo Swinson takes on Daily Mail's Liz Jones, who thinks she shouldn't be "procreating"
- Rebecca Taylor MEP writes...Can you help me campaign against e-cigs being regulated as medicines?
- Times: "The increasingly confident and powerful Mr Clegg"
- Opinion: Women must stop stepping into the political shoes of men
- Opinion: Nelson Mandela: A personal tribute (Parmjit Singh Gill)
- Opinion: The inspiration of Nelson Mandela (Issan Ghazni)
- Opinion: Do you love this country? (David Gray)
- Opinion: Cash in your pocket or green fields on your doorstep? (Andy Boddington)
- Nelson Mandela – the long walk is over (Mary Reid)
- Farewell Madiba
- Forget your bear and hare: My favourite advert this Christmas
- 1970s nostaligia: The Protectors
- Private schools are a con (2): their charitable status
- Thoughts on The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- RIP Nelson Mandela
- New from Amnesty: Nelson Mandela, human rights leader
- Friday favourite 132
- Truth and Reconciliation
- Tubby Isaacs 7th Dec - 12:06am
Well, this brave rearguard lasted all of 5 minutes. Anyone going to defend Clegg and Davey?
- Peter Davies 6th Dec - 11:54pm
I agree with Duncan that if bribery is what it takes, we should do it. We have a "new homes bonus" that rewards councils that...
- Tubby Isaacs 6th Dec - 11:51pm
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/in_the_news/1929734-Child-taken-by-from-womb-by-forced-C-S-for-social-services-II?pg=12 About page 25 onwards, it gets really classy. John Hemming threatens to sue a poster and report her to the Bar Council. Well done,...
- Tubby Isaacs 6th Dec - 11:45pm
Talking of scandals, I take it you now accept John Hemming has completely messed up on the "social workers kidnap baby after sly Caesarean"? He's...
- Eddie Sammon 6th Dec - 11:28pm
Mick, I don't doubt that the article raises some interesting questions, but it was completely one sided about our presence in the middle east and...
- Janet King 6th Dec - 11:23pm
Surely the real point in this case is that it was all entirely preventable. There was absolutely no need to detain Isa Muazu whilst his...
Sat 7th Dec 2013
Sun 8th Dec 2013
Fri 13th Dec 2013
Sun 15th Dec 2013
Thu 19th Dec 2013
Thu 2nd Jan 2014
Fri 3rd Jan 2014