Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 216th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (3-9 April, 2011), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Electoral Services: I know they’re only doing thier job, but… on Jennie Rigg’s blog.
Read a salutary tale of nomination forms, and learn the most dangerous phrase in the English language.
2. I’m proud to be a ‘Cleggista’ by Richard Kemp on but what does Richard Kemp think?
Richard launches his campaign for re-election to Liverpool City Council.
3. Smoking furious at latest e-mail from Nick Clegg by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
Caron calls for “devolution goggles”.
4. Clegg: The “victories” and the “gaffes” by Paul Walter on Liberal Burblings.
On Clegg’s “crucial week”.
5. Social Liberal Forum lose the plot by Dan Falchikov on Living on words alone.
Dan disagrees with SLF on the Health and Social Care Bill.
6. We didn’t say we were Charlie Sheen. We said we were Mother Teresa by Richard Morris on A View From Ham Common.
“When you set everything you do on this higher plane, it only takes one slip up and you will be deemed to have failed.”
7. Quite frankly I’m disgusted by Chris Mills on Liberal Ramblings from Petersfield.
Chris defends Nick Clegg’s kids.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. What people are saying about the Scottish Liberal Democrats Manifesto by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
“A digest of media and other reaction.” (Submitted by oneexwidow via LibDig.)
9. Police Federation go for scaremongering advert by Andrew Reeves on Andrew Reeves’ Running Blog.
“Andrew takes the Police Federation to task for irresponsible scaremongering and highlights Scottish Liberal Democrat opposition to a merged Police force for Scotland.” (Submitted by Caron via LibDig.)
10. Betrayal, vandalism, #nickcleggsfault – Democraticising the Lords by Chris Jenkinson on My Tale of Me.
The Liberal Democrats have been in government for less than a year, and have made more progress towards ensuring our country’s laws are set by elected citizens than the Conservatives and Labour did in the last 100 years. (Submitted by Chris Jenkinson via LibDig.)
11. Nick Clegg’s miserable little compromise on Andrew Emmerson’s blog.
Andrew explains that quote in context.
12. Come to Leicester South, the political weather is lovely by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
The post that has everything for the Leicester South campaigner: directions to HQ, Lib Dem celeb-spotting and local curry and ale advice.
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-216-23771.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>