Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 263rd weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (26 February – 3 March, 2012), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Not Liberal Democrat Voice by Dan Falchikov on Living on words alone.
Dan’s comment on LDV was (briefly) held up in moderation.
2. Gareth Epps censors me on Tonge on Matthew Harris’s blog.
More on comment moderation.
3. John Lee threatens to quit if Lords reform is in Queen’s Speech on Mark Pack’s blog.
John Lee threatens to resign from his post as a Liberal Democrat Whip in the Lords.
4. What’s Liberal about this coalition? by David Grace on Disgruntled Radical.
“Let’s measure the government’s performance against the declaration on my membership card,” challenges David.
5. Ex-MP Jenny Tonge resigns from the Lib Dems by Andrew Page on A Scottish Liberal.
Andrew argues that Lib Dem parliamentarians should not support any group which is “wrong and offensive” and does not “reflect the views” of our party.
6. Dear Nick Clegg…… on Gareth Epps’ blog.
Gareth Epps’ open letter to Nick Clegg on Jenny Tonge’s resignation.
7. Nadine Dorries and the flowers on Mark Pack’s blog.
Lib Dem strategist Richard Reeves returns Nadine’s compliment.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. Black and Ethnic Minority voting results: The good and bad news for the Lib Dems by Matthew Gibson on Solution Focused Politics.
“Some really interesting details about how the Lib Dems (and other parties) are doing amongst Black and Ethnic Minority voters.” (Submitted by neilmonnery via LibDig.)
9. Jake Lyne becomes youngest Lib Dem councillor in Cornwall by Alex Folkes on A Lanson Boy.
“19 year old Jake Lyne takes a seat from the Independent and becomes the youngest member of the town council by some 20 years.” (Submitted by helenduffett via LibDig.)
10. Happy birthday, Liberal Democrats! by Mark Valladares on The view from Creeting St Peter.
“When you reach another birthday and feel glad to have survived another year…” (Submitted by helenduffett via LibDig.)
11. The day Nick Clegg cured the common cold by Neil Monnery on The Rambles of Neil Monnery.
“A new angle on Nick Clegg’s strivings in Government, as told by Neil Monnery.” (Submitted by helenduffett via LibDig.)
12. How much does one pay for a parliamentary seat? by Maria Pretzler on Working Memories.
Because the Lib Dems have “no safe seats – no cheap seats, either.”
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-26-27410.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>