Welcome to the 54th of our weekly round-ups from the Lib Dem blogosphere, featuring the seven most popular stories according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (24th February – 1st March), together with a quintet hand-picked by Lib Dem blog readers you might otherwise have missed.
Here we go, in descending order of popularity:
1. Live from the Ed Davey Interview on Jo Anglezarke’s Jo’s Jottings blog.
This is what you get if you mix Ed Davey, bloggers, and a fevered imagination.
2. Evan harries the invincible Cable on Jock Coats’ Jock’s Place.
Jock sticks up for Vince’s championing of the radical liberal tradition of redistributive taxes – taxing wealth not income.
3. Jo Swinson shows why she ought to be the next party leader on Antony Hook’s blog.
Perhaps Jo and Susan Kramer can team up?
4. Why I won’t bet on the Lib Dems any more by Mike Smithson on Lib Dem Voice.
In the nicest possible way.
5. The Two Messages Brian Paddick Needs To Get Across on Alex Wilcock’s Love and Liberty blog.
Some friendly advice on how our London mayoral candidate needs to make the electoral system work for him.
6. Why Ed Davey is wrong about the Lisbon Treaty on James Graham’s Quaequam Blog!
“The biggest problem with the Lib Dems’ current position on Lisbon is that it evades making the case for this treaty.”
7. EXCLUSIVE: Vince Cable in free travel scam shocker! on James Graham’s Quaequam Blog!
And is that Shirley Williams appearing as his dance partner?
And now to the five slots we reserve under the category ‘well worth reading even if they didn’t get the most clicks this week’. Thanks to all those who submitted nominations – both of you, in fact. Don’t tell me you guys are already tiring of doing my work for me? For shame. Remember, all you have to do is drop me a line at [email protected], highlighting the best Lib Dem blog postings from the past week (providing the web-link and author, and any tagline comment you care to have published).
8. Contexts of abuse on Mary Reid’s blog.
Recognising the liberal advances made in ensuring child abuse is no longer swept under the carpet.
9. Beating Ashcroft at his own game on Pete Dunphy’s party political plc blog.
A progressive donor who wants to level the political playing field and make a Betterworld – and who is also supporting Labour. Ah well.
10. Is Lib Dem policy being dictated by back seat drivers on Nich Starling’s Norfolk Blogger blog.
Did Shirley Williams’ resignation threat prompt Ming Campbell to ditch the idea of a Lisbon Treaty referendum?
11. Exclusive – How Nick Clegg prepares for PMQs on Alex’s A Lanson Boy blog.
Nominated by Mark Pack: “I think we should demand that the staff are named ”
12. The Tip Top Top of the Top Blogs – full time scores on James Graham’s Quaequam Blog!
A round-up of the Golden Dozen round-ups… It’s all gone a bit meta, hasn’t it?
And that’s it for another week… Happy blogging.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-golden-dozen-54-2268.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>