Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 291st weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (9-15 September, 2012), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Nick Clegg conceded too much to the opponents of Lords Reform by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England .
An economic crisis is a political one too. Whose words were these 3 years ago?
2.Vince on Marr: it’s grown up to talk to Labour by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings .
Vince’s sofa interplay with Ed Balls also features
3. Viv Bingham memorial service, NLC, 12 September 2012 by Iain Brodie-Brown on Birkdale Focus.
A much-loved Liberal Democrat stalwart fondly remembered and celebrated.
4. Linda Jack: Police and Crime Commissioner? by Alan D Winter on Alan D Winter.
Alan assesses Linda’s qualifications as a candidate for Bedford’s Police and Crime Commissioner.
5. This headline is in today’s Telegraph, but should be in the Daily Mail or Private Eye by Richard Morris on A View from Ham Common.
The Telegraph’s hyperbolic leaping to conclusion amuses Richard
6. Would you like to know Labour’s new media strategy? I think I’ve worked it out by Richard Morris on A View from Ham Common.
Richard advises Vince to get it in writing from Labour.
7. Sod’s Law by Mike Booth on Kew Focus.
Something he’s well qualified to make a contribution on….and can he get to the Council Chamber?
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. Lib Dem MP gives agent solid silver cup as thank you by Iain Brodie Brown on Birkdale Focus .
A model of good practice for all candidates. Actually wine and chocolate would do me. (Submitted by IainBB via LibDig.)
9. The Sun’s Page 3 has seriously outstayed its welcome by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
Why the campaign to end page 3 matters to all women. (Submitted by Ruaraidh Dobson via LibDig.)
10. Why I joined the Liberal Democrats by Reece Edmends on The Libertine
Reece sees the positives Liberal Democrats are bringing to Government.
11. Senior Lib Dems turn up the noise before Conference by Charlotte Henry on Digital Politico .
Vince and Paddy are being a bit too lefty for Charlotte
12. Tim is a good president but he should be challenged by Mark Thompson on Mark Thompson’s blog.
Let’s give others in the party a chance to raise their profile, says Mark.
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-291-30228.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>
* Caron Lindsay is Editor of Liberal Democrat Voice and blogs at Caron's Musings