Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 238th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (4-10 September, 2011), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. I’m using a blog to congratulate Brian Paddick. I bet Lembit Opik doesn’t approve. by Richard Morris on A View from Ham Common.
On freedom of speech, even for bloggers.
2. If Nadine Dorries took a penalty kick, this is what would happen by Richard Morris on A View from Ham Common.
Back of the net, Richard.
3. Dorries accuses Evan Harris of blackmail! by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
Nadine highlights Lib Dem influence in Government.
4. I can see why Tory split idea makes sense to Murdo Fraser, even if it is daft for the rest of us by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
Plus ça change, says Caron.
5. Named and SHAMED those that voted FOR #Dorries amendment. by Chris Mills on Liberal Ramblings from Petersfield.
All the MPs who voted for Nadine Dorries’ Amendment to the Health Bill.
6. The Shadow of Dr Evan Harris. by Chris Sams on The thoughts of a Ginger Liberal from Medway.
In defence of Dr Harris.
7. Should the Scottish Lib Dems split from the UK Party? by Matthew Gibson on Solution Focused Politics.
Matthew makes the case.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. How Paddy Ashdown Changed My Life (and How the Police Might) by Alex Wilcock on Love and Liberty.
“Alex on brilliant form. He’s not too keen on the new conference accreditation requirements – and he reckons Paddy Ashdown shaped his instincts on that one.” (Submitted by Caron via LibDig.)
9. Nadine Dorries doesn’t like the Lib Dem influence on government policy. Diddums. on The Rambles of Neil Monnery.
“Did-dums to Dorries – the Lib Dems ARE clipping Tory wings.” (Submitted by oneexwidow via LibDig.)
10. You’ve put a TEA PARTY AD and a commercial for A TRADE UNION on your blog? ARE YOU MAD??? by Richard Morris on A View from Ham Common.
“Lessons we need to learn quickly about making short, punchy and populist campaign films – from the experts in that field….” (Submitted by Richard Morris via LibDig.)
11. What would the Federal Conference Committee say if Police demanded biometric #ldconf passes? by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
“Caron’s post makes an excellent point. Is this years conference accreditation process the thin edge of the wedge and where will it lead?” (Submitted by LisaHarding42 via LibDig.)
12. Tory Party membership: Desperate Times, desperate measures by Richard Morris on A View from Ham Common.
“A copy of THAT email trying to entice new members to join. Oh dear….” (Submitted by Richard Morris via LibDig.)
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-238-25211.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>